For overall return on investment, eMail Marketing still beats Social Media for most businesses. Sure, it is easier to obtain Likes, Followers and members to your Circles, but eMail Marketing remains the most effective method for converting prospects into customers.
Getting your content strategy, SEO and email marketing systems working effectively are of a greater importance than creating accounts across 4-6 Social Media channels and simply posting information.
It’s not that social media isn’t an effective part of the overall strategy, it’s just that without the proper foundation to build on, content to amplify and email strategy to convert through, your social media efforts can quickly drain your focus and time with little opportunity for return.
An engaged email list, that wants to hear from you, is the most valuable asset your can build. A list of 1000 responsive email followers beats 20,000 Twitter followers when it comes to actually promoting the things that make your money. (Unless you’re Ashton Kucher I guess.)
By focusing on building a list of email subscribers that want to hear from you. Your social media strategies will become a tool set to help you increase your subscriber list. Once you build a following, You need to build a following you can start to narrow your focus to the next step, which is conversion.
Here is a basic email strategy that we have implemented for several of our clients:
- Choose an email service provider (ESP) such as Constant Contact, AWeber, MailChimp or Infusionsoft
- Place a lead capture form on every page of your website. (Don’t ask for more than name and email)
- Create an email subscription Landing Page – a page that describes and promotes a downloadable offering link an eBook and lists all the benefits of why a viewer might give you’re their email address.
- Create a series of emails, delivered through your ESPs autoresponder function that provides additional information on downloading useful information as well as related topics that they may find on your blog and in your newsletter.
A second set of steps that we’ve implemented to continue generating interest and momentum:
- Implement a “Tell A Friend” function that allows readers to easily email your offer to friends – use it!
- Some ESPs have a feature that make it very easy for people leaving comments to your blog to add their name to your email list. Finding ways to integrate your email capture into other actions is essential
- Promote your free eBook in social networks on a regular basis
These strategies have been proven to work for many years and continue to generate a high return on investment. Contact i360 Group to make this work for you.